Postdoctoral Scholar/UT Memphis Cancer Center - 21000001WX
Postdoctoral Scholar – Center for Cancer Research
The Hayes Lab is looking for an exceptional postdoctoral fellow. This fellow must think independently to design and plan experiments, problem solve, and be technically skilled in bioinformatics, with essential expertise in computational methods.
Fellows must complete first and co-author manuscripts and present findings at local and national meetings. We are looking for an accomplished, organized, efficient, trustworthy, and dynamic personality to work with the Hayes lab at University of Tennessee Health Science Center (https://uthsc.edu/ ) in the Center for Cancer Research (https://www.uthsc.edu/cancer/ .
- Ph.D. must have been completed later than 2014. Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computational biology, statistics, or similar.
- Extensive experience using the R programming language and analyzing large genomic data sets is required.
- Experience applying statistical techniques and models including Cox proportional hazard models, and hypothesis testing are required.
- Strong Unix shell scripting skills and some familiarity with other languages e.g. Python, Perl are expected.
- Exceptional oral and written skills are required.
- Some proficiency in the use of bioinformatics tools (e.g. GATK, BLAST, BWA, SAMtools, Freebayes), file formats (e.g. FASTQ, BED, BAM, VCR), and publicly available databases (e.g. GEO, ClinVar, GenBank, Ensemble, COSMIC, OMIM, Annovar, dbSNP) is expected.
- Expertise in epigenetics is preferred.
- Experience with novel computational tools for variable reduction and predictive modeling using large complex datasets (Lasso, Elastic Net, etc.) are preferred.
- Multiple lead publications in top scientific journals and presentations at national conferences are preferred.
Applicants should have a demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action.
Ut Memphis Cancer Center
Sep 20, 2021, 5:25:45 PM