The Retention and Registration (RR) Assistant is responsible for processing credit registrations and providing customer service to students, staff and the general public. This position also requires specialized academic advising and registration functions. It involves day and evening hours and occasional weekend hours.
A. The RR Assistant reports directly to and is responsible to the Manager of Retention and Registration.
B. The RR Assistant coordinates most closely with the general public, students, retention specialists, CPA, TRiO SSS and DSS, college faculty and staff to include the Information Center, Financial Aid, Records, Admissions & Enrollment Management, Finance, Continuing Education, the Testing Center and other academic departments.
A. Supports Retention and Registration.
1. Monitor implementation of successful registration procedures. Ensure excellent customer service.
2. Oversees all functions of registration processing.
3. Work to improve the credit registration processes by working with registration staff, division office associates, faculty advisors, and the IT department.
4. Coordinate with division office associates on course/section conflicts, registration, WebAdvisor, and Self-Service Datatel issues.
5. Processes student registrations through Datatel, the College’s administrative software system, answers questions relating to the registration processes, images various documentation and handles drops/refunds. Explains WebAdvisor and Self-Service, assists students in registering online and assists with ImageNow scanning/linking and workflow processes.
6. Help train Retention Specialists and new hires on registration functions.
7. Keeps up to date with all changes, additions and cancellations for credit courses, in order to provide accurate information to students.
8. Greets credit students, answers any questions and acts as campus information guide.
9. Answers telephone call, e-mail, and text message inquiries for current and prospective students. This includes both the email@example.com and the Mongoose text groups
10. Processes all tuition changes dealing with student types.
11. Coordinate with Retention Specialists and the Registrar regarding requests for exceptions/substitutions.
12. Resolves customer service issues; refer to Manager as needed.
13. Follows all established registration procedures.
14. Sorts and distributes mail.
15. Explains to students the process and documentation needed for registration appeals.
B. Provides data and technical support to the RR Office:
1. Troubleshoot issues with WebAdvisor and Self-Service registration and repair Datatel errors
2. Resolve non-course issues and contact the Registrar to fix degree audit issues
C. Oversees other specialized Retention and Registration processes to include:
1. Scheduling appointments for Retention & Registration staff, Disability Support Services staff and Cohort Programs staff.
2. Oversees and managing various reports to include:
a. The wait-list report (daily)
b. The duplicate and duplicate waitlist report (weekly)
c. The Health Manpower report (semesterly)
d. The prerequisite report (2x/semester)
3. Processing the following Retention & Registration related items:
a. Nursing clinical and lab switches
b. Rate Agreement list
c. Tuition waivers
d. Change of Major forms
4. Special projects as assigned.
D. Performs short-term, temporary administrative duties as needed to the Student Center
Welcome Desk and the Information Center.
1. Cross trains with the Student Center Welcome Desk.
2. Provides feedback to the Dean’s Office, as needed, to enhance Student Center activity
3. Provides assistance to the Dean’s Office when Executive Assistant is away from the office.
4. Provides general assistance, as needed, to units in the Student Center.
5. Cross trains with Customer Service Representative in the Information Center and provides coverage for this area, as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree supplemented by courses in computers, word processing, and business/customer service practices required; minimum three years related work experience to include data entry and/or direct customer service experience required; or an equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills; proficiency in computer applications such as Word and Excel; experience in integrated database systems is desirable; minimum keyboard skills of 40 wpm; ability to work independently and accurately under pressure, and make decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures; strong verbal communication, problem solving customer service skills; ability to deal tactfully with staff and students; ability to maintain confidentiality of student records; ability to work independently without detailed instruction; attention to detail.
Normal office environment with frequent interruptions and some need to work a flex schedule to address the needs of day, evening and weekend students. Ability to lift 20-pound boxes. Office hours: 8:30am-6:30pm Monday-Thursday and 8:30am-4:30pm Friday, select Saturdays and extended evenings as needed for College events.
This position is considered open until filled. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled and considered closed.
Hagerstown Community College is committed to the recruitment, selection, hiring and retention of a diverse workforce.
Location: 11400 ROBINWOOD DR, Hagerstown, MD 21742