The Liu Research Lab in the Department of Pathology at Yale University has an opening for a postdoctoral position. The lab is focused on understanding the pathogenesis and immunobiology of human solid tumors using quantitative pathology, genetic/epigenetic analysis, in vitro/in vivo cell models, and molecular biology to interrogate relevant immunomodulatory pathways and identify determinants of sensitivity and resistance to treatments, as well as to develop novel therapeutic approaches for cancer. Our lab has access to cutting-edge technology and has unique opportunities to develop translational research projects in human liver and other GI cancers. More information can be found at https://medicine.yale.edu/lab/chen_liu/research/
We are looking for a highly motivated individual interested in studying cancer immunology and/or cancer epigenetics. Interested applicants should hold a Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. degree and a strong background in the field of immunology and/or translational oncology. The candidate should be self-motivated with a proven track record of productivity. In addition to individual projects, the lab encourages a collaborative and positive working environment with other lab members and throughout the University and Cancer Center.
The competitive candidate should have knowledge and expertise in the following areas:
- Immune-oncology and immunomodulatory therapies
- Solid tumor oncology, cancer epigenetics, and translational pathology
- Advanced cancer diagnostics and immune-based anti-cancer therapeutics
- Computational analysis of images and large datasets (optional, but preferred)
Candidates with the following qualifications will be given preference:
- Interest and expertise in the field of immune-oncology/cancer epigenetics
- Productivity, quality of previous projects and independence
- Ability and interest to work in translational research within a multidisciplinary team
Qualified candidates who are interested in applying should e-mail an application package, including; statement of interest, CV, and contact information for three references. Please send your application package to Drs. Chen Liu (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kien Pham (email@example.com) and in the subject line include your last name and reference to the job posting.