LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
OFFICE: Vice President of Enrollment Management
SUPERVISED BY: Vice President of Enrollment Management
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
The Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of Enrollment Management is responsible for general office operations and representation of the office of the Vice President of Enrollment Management to all internal and external constituencies in a manner consistent with Wayland’s mission and core values.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Facilitates activities of the Vice President of Enrollment Management, including managing the schedule; coordinating meetings; making travel arrangements; and establishing priorities for routine correspondence, meetings, or activities
- Answers the telephone and responds to the questions of current and prospective students, professors, administrators, members of the larger Wayland community and the public. Addresses needs and/or routes telephone calls to appropriate personnel in an effort to completely address the needs of the callers
- Receives, reviews, determines appropriate distribution of and routes mail for the Office of the Vice President of Enrollment Management
- Serves as the focal point and conduit to the Vice President of Enrollment Management in coordinating appointments, activities, and correspondence.
- Conducts basic online research to assist in various activities such assessing viability of potential projects, reporting to any number of university constituencies, and any other research that serves to generally inform decisions
- Ensures efficient office operations, including, but not limited to, managing inventory of office supplies, preparing requisitions, arranging for required maintenance or technical support, and coordinating coverage of the office
- Serves on University committees whether assigned or volunteered
- Assists with any number of appropriate Admissions Office or Financial Aid Office functions on an as-needed basis to help ensure consistent office function
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Vice President of Enrollment Management.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience and Knowledge:
Three years of proven executive office setting experience or equivalent education and training, especially oral and written communication skills.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
- Ability to work effectively with various university constituencies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Must be an excellent manager of time
- Punctuality, dependability, integrity, honesty and loyalty in the performance of duties of the position
- Ability to learn and retain information from a wide variety of sources
- Ability to be a positive Christian force in the office by portraying a positive attitude and professionalism in all interactions with students, families, administration, faculty, staff, members of the higher education community, and the public.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Wayland Baptist University does not unlawfully discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other