Job TitleAdjunct Biology Instructor
LocationYuba College - Marysville, CA.
• Develop and deliver instructional lectures and laboratories for BIOLOGY, ECOLOGY, ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY OR MICROBIOLOGY courses up to 10 hours/week;
• Use appropriate teaching methods to facilitate student learning;
• Teach day, evening, and/or weekend teaching assignments, which may include distance learning (interactive television, online) and accelerated courses;
• Assess Student Learning Outcomes every semester;
• Participate in department, division, and college-wide initiatives and committees if desired.
Essential Duties Summary
Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate must possess the minimum qualifications stated below:
• Master’s Degree in biological science OR
• Bachelor’s in any biological science AND Master’s in biochemistry, biophysics or marine science OR
• the equivalent
Range/StepRange /Step: Step 1 - Step 7 (Based on degree and teaching experience)
Salary RangeSalary Range: $47.07 – $78.42/Lecture Rate Per Hour
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Internal vs. ExternalExternal
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application includes the following: Academic Application, resume, transcripts, EEO Statement, up to (3) current letters of recommendation and a cover letter/letter of interest.