Position TitleFire Science Technology Adjunct Instructor
Division/DepartmentFire Science Technology
Part-time Fire Science Technology Instructor; M, T, W, TR evenings
Position Accountabilities and Essential Functions
- Looking for additions to the adjunct pool in various Fire Science Technology (FST) courses. Courses include fire officer development, fire ground management, instructor development, fire investigation and CAMEO. Adjunct instructor will be responsible for teaching FST courses on-line and in the classroom as assigned by FST Coordinator.
- Associates’ degree in Fire Science
- Other credentials such as certifications, licensure, etc.: Certain courses in our curriculum are Michigan Firefighter Training Council (MFFTC) courses which require instructors have MFFTC Instructor 1 certification for state course recognition.
- Minimum two years in selected position (all occupational courses require a minimum two year’s full-time equivalent work/professional experience).
Additional Experiences Considered
- Bachelor’s degree in Fire Science or related field: Education/Management/Public Administration.
- Teaching experience at the community college level.
Position will remain open until filled. The College reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified.